Contiweb Fluid Applicator
Ever since 2004 Contiweb has introduced a remoistening and silicone applicator system successfully in the market. Based on the experience with over 200 systems worldwide, Contiweb developed a new approach how to use silicone better and more efficient without losing any performance on the remoistening function: the Contiweb Fluid Applicator (CFA).
Silicone Applicator and Remoistening System in One
This system controls individually the oil and water content for each individual side of the paper. The function of remoistening is fully guaranteed and requires no special precautions. Whereas conventional systems use a silicone emulsion, the CFA uses pure silicone oil which guarantees a considerable reduction in silicone oil consumption. In addition to the performance and silicone consumption benefits, the new system offers a substantial financial gain as it reduces your raw material costs. With the current cost of silicone your savings are more than 60 percent.
Like many of our new dryer’s developments the CFA is offered as upgrade to existing Ecocool and Ecoset dryers. Moreover, the system is available as standalone unit, offering the same benefits, to replace the existing standalone silicone system in any press line.
Also read about the experiences of B&K Offsetdruck with the Contiweb Fluid Applicator.
- Considerable reduction in silicone oil consumption
- Cost savings more than 60%
- Enhanced product quality
- Eliminates ink picking
- Allows fine control of web moisture balance – measurable and repeatable
- Avoids web shrinkage issues
- Easier post press handling – no cracking, curling, folds
- No contamination in the silicone mixer (no unwanted additives or wax)
- Optional and retrofittable on Contiweb Ecocool and Ecoset models
- Available as standalone unit
- Mixes 100% silicone oil and water, only one surfactant required
t (+31) 485 597 111